What Our Clients Say
We had never owned a trailer before, and had always rented for our family camping trips. We were researching and comparing trailers for over a year when we saw one in Campkins' used listing that caught our eyes. Campkins had been highly recommended by friends. We called and were directed to Brendan, who was very was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions with much patience. We later met with Brendan at the site and received a lengthy, extensive showing of the trailer in question, as well as a lot of information on trailer ownership and "need to knows". Very valuable information for prospective "newbie" trailer owners. We loved the trailer (it had everything on our wish list), and we especially loved the staff at Campkins. The walk-through on pick-up day was very thorough and made our first trip out so much easier. Even an issue with an item from the web listing that was not included with the trailer was quickly rectified by Roland. They definitely went above and beyond to ensure that our experience was a great one. From start to finish, the experience at Campkins was amazing and you can see how much they value their customers and enjoy what they do. Their passion shows through in all of their interactions. Our first 2 trips have gone very smoothly, and we are all in love with the trailer. Can't wait for the next trip we have booked!
Filva & Chris Zelasko Courtice ON
A UNIQUE PROGRAM TO SELL YOUR UNIQUE NON-MOTORIZED RV
The Campkin's program is simple and allows you to be paid up front a fair wholesale value.
What types of trailers does Campkin's buy?
We are looking for late model travel trailers, fifth wheels and fold down campers. Specifically, 8 model years old and newer. RV's must be in good condition in proper working order.
How does the program work?
- You contact us via email email@example.com or text us at 905-655-8613, including a brief description of your trailer including year, make and model, along with your name and phone number.
- We will call you within 24 hours to complete an appraisal form over the phone.
- We will research the current value and follow-up with the results.
- Assuming the price is acceptable, the trailer is brought in to our service department for an inspection and a lien-check is also completed.
- You receive payment immediately following the completion of a satisfactory inspection, lien-check and purchase agreement.
How long does this take?
From us receiving your first email until you receive your cheque is normally 10 to 14 days. Times can vary through out the year. Your specific time frame will be discussed on the initial phone call.
Why is it done this way versus the traditional consignment method?
- The owner of the trailer gets their money up front and their responsibilities such as insurance coverage and upkeep ends with Campkin’s purchasing it
- This allows us to put a proper selling price on the RV, taking into account current market conditions.
- It allows us to take a trade-in which means more potential buyers.
- Because we own it, we can arrange financing through our finance department using a variety of major financial institutions.
- When selling it we are legally responsible for the sale of the trailer in proper working order and the warranty that goes with it.